- 1 teaspoon paprika, smoked or sweet
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds, crushed
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 Garlic cloves, peeled (whole)
- 1 medium onion, peeled & halved
- 30g olive oil
- 500 g ripe tomatoes, diced
- 30g tomato paste
- 10 g honey
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 tin of borlotti beans, drained and rinsed
- 115 g feta cheese, cut into generous bite-sized cubes
- 6 eggs
- Salad leaves (optional)
- Toasted sourdough (optional)
- Place spices into TM bowl and grind on speed 10 for 1 minute.
- Add the garlic and chop on speed 8 for 3 seconds. Scrape down sides of bowl.
- Add onion and chop on speed 5 for 3 seconds. Scrape down sides of bowl.
- Add olive oil and cook on 100° deg for 5 minutes on speed 1
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, honey and vinegar, cook for 15 minutes on 100°C speed 1
- Add the beans and cook on reverse, 100°C, speed 1 for 5 minutes
- Pour the tomato mixture into a large frying pan and press the cubes of feta into the tomato sauce
- With the back of a spoon, make 6 indentations in the sauce. Crack an egg into each indentation, then drag a spatula gently through the egg whites so it mingles a bit with the tomato sauce, being careful not to disturb the yolks
- Turn the heat on low to medium and gently simmer until the eggs are cooked
- Server with toasted sourdough and a green salad
Original recipe can be found here.