This dish is adapted from a Jamie Oliver recipe and turned into a main meal. The different ingredients and flavours seem odd but all together are really delicious.
- 600g sweet potato
- 3 carrots
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- Olive oil
- 100g frozen peas
- 100g baby spinach
- 4 large free-range eggs
- 50g feta cheese
- 4 pork chops
- Salt, pepper and thyme for seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Peel the potatoes then coarsely grate them in a food processor or the Thermomix (5 seconds speed 5). Remove the potato and set aside in a large bowl
- Repeat step 2 for the carrots and add to the same bowl as the potatoes
- Add a pinch of sea salt to the sweet potato and carrot mix, toss and scrunch it all together, then leave for 5 minutes
- Meanwhile, mix 1/2 teaspoon of dijon mustard, juice of 1/2 lemon and 2 tablespoons of olive oil seasoned with salt and pepper
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to another bowl and season with pepper. Handful by handful, squeeze the potato and carrot mixture to get rid of the excess salty liquid, then sprinkle into the bowl.
- Toss in the oil and pepper until well mixed, then evenly scatter it over a lined baking tray. Roast for 35 minutes, or until golden on top and crispy around the edges.
- Meanwhile, blanch the peas for a minute in boiling salted water, then scoop out, add to the bowl of dressing and pile the spinach on top.
- Coat the pork chops in olive oil, salt, pepper and dried thyme and grill on a fry pan until cooked and coloured on both sides. Remove from the heat and set aside to rest
- Just before the rösti is ready, bring a pot of water with a tablespoon of white vinegar to boiling point, reduce to low heat and add the eggs one at a time using a shallow dish rather than cracking them directly into the water. Remove after 3 minutes with a slotted spoon
- Serve the spinach and pea salad topped with feta, rösti and eggs and a pork chop on the side
Original recipe: https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/vegetables-recipes/giant-veg-r-sti/