Click here for the original recipe.
- 350g long grain white rice
- 1 cm piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 long red chilli
- 2 duck breasts, skin on
- 2 tsp Five Spice Powder
- 1 pinch sea salt, to taste
- 1 pinch ground black pepper, to taste
- 500 g water
- 2 tsp vegetable stock paste (see Basic Cookbook)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 100 g Asian greens, cut into pieces
- 100g Brocollini, cut into thirds
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 100g mixed asian mushrooms
- Cook 350g of boiled rice using the Thermomix Basic Cookbook boiled rice recipe. Set aside once finished.
- Place ginger, garlic and chilli into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7. Transfer into a bowl and set aside.
- Score duck skin in a criss-cross pattern then rub with five spice powder, season and place into Varoma dish skin side down. Place water, stock and 1 tbsp soy sauce into mixing bowl. Place Varoma into position and steam 9 min/Varoma/speed 1.
- Place greens and broccolini onto Varoma tray, insert Varoma tray and steam 6 min/Varoma/speed 1. Transfer greens and broccolini into ThermoServer. Transfer stock into a bowl and set aside. Pat duck dry with paper towel.
- Heat a small frying pan over high heat without oil. Place duck breast skin side down into hot pan and press to flatten. Reduce heat to medium and cook 2–4 minutes or until skin is very crispy and most of the fat is cooked out. Turn duck over and cook for further 1–2 minutes. Transfer skin side up into ThermoServer to rest.
- Leave the fat from the frying pan to create a reduction. Return pan to high heat and add honey, 80g reserved stock and 1 tbsp soy sauce. Reduce for a few minutes then set aside.
- Place sesame oil and reserved garlic-ginger mix into mixing bowl and heat 1 min/100°C/speed 1.
- Add mushrooms and cook 5 min/100°C//speed 1.
- Add greens and broccolini and combine 10 sec//speed 2. Transfer into simmering basket to drain.
- Thinly slice duck breast diagonally and serve with vegetables, drizzled with reserved glaze.