Click here for the original recipe.
- 800g chicken breast, diced
- 150g cashews
- 300g coconut cream
- 50g honey
- Bunch of chopped coriander
- ½ tbsp salt
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 10g ginger
- 1 garlic clove
- 15g apple cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves
- 10 g ginger
- 30 g apple cider vinegar
- 1 x 400 g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 100g tomato paste
- 2 brown onions, peeled, halved
- 125g butter
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 cloves
- 5 cardamom pods, bruised
- 1 star anise
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garam masala
- Cook 350g rice using the Thermomix Basic Cookbook’s ‘Boiled rice’ recipe
- Add nuts to mixer bowl, mill 10 sec/speed 9/MC on. Set aside.
- Without washing the bowl, add marinade ingredients to mixer bowl. Blend for 2 sec/speed 9/MC on. Scrape bowl down and repeat 3 times.
- Add the chicken and stir through marinade for 10 sec/speed 2/reverse/MC on. Scrape mixer bowl out completely, set aside in a separate bowl to allow chicken to marinate.
- Without washing the bowl, add tomato paste ingredients to mixer bowl. Blend 1 min/speed 8/MC on. Set tomato paste aside in a separate bowl again.
- Without washing the bowl, add onions to mixer bowl and chop 5 sec/speed 5/MC on. Scrape bowl down.
- Add 60 g butter to mixer bowl, cook 10 min/100°C/speed 2/butterfly/MC on.
- Add remaining butter (65 g), cinnamon, whole cloves, cardamom, star anise, cumin and paprika to mixer bowl.
- Cook 5 min/100°C/slowest speed/reverse/butterfly/MC on.
- Add reserved tomato paste mixture, garam masala and 2 tsp salt to mixer bowl. Cook for 4 min/steaming temperature/slowest speed/reverse/butterfly/MC on.
- Add reserved marinated chicken mixture to mixer bowl. Cook for 12 min/100°C/slowest speed/reverse/butterfly/MC on.
- Add reserved nut meal, cream and honey to mixer bowl. Cook for 4 min/100°C/slowest speed/reverse/butterfly/MC on. While cooking, use your spatula to stir the curry occasionally.
- Pour curry into an insulated server, remove whole spices, stir through chopped coriander and let it sit covered for 10 min.